Be our Program Coordinator!
Are you passionate about supporting the next generation of political entrepreneurs? Are you a self-starter who runs through the finish line? Do you get excited about being part of an energetic and driven team? If so, this could be the perfect job for you.
Our mission at Higher Ground Labs is to build an ecosystem for progressive political technology. We invest in early-stage companies and accelerate their development with committed programming. Our goal is to make a meaningful difference in the 2018 elections and beyond, by giving progressives the tools they need to run effective campaigns.
Higher Ground Labs is a start up, and we work in a fast-paced environment. We all wear multiple hats, and our number one priority is to move the ball forward in the political tech space. Our team is made up of problem solvers who know this space well and want to add to our capacity in 2018. We need a team player who is focused, creative, and detail-oriented.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Higher Ground Labs’ external programs. From building dynamic programming for our entrepreneurs, to putting together public events for political leaders and investors, to crafting the narrative around those events through dynamic content online, this role is our logistics lead and our storyteller.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Organizing monthly intensives in key cities over the course of our accelerator program
- Supporting industry convenings that bring together stakeholders and thought leaders in progressive political technology
- Managing our social media accounts and external communication
- Managing regular communication with the entrepreneurs in our portfolio
- Building systems for internal communication and organization
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Are committed to working for progressive political victories across the country
- Believe in the role that technology can play in politics
- Have some fluency in technology
- Enjoy events and large groups of people
- Enjoy writing and basic photography
- 2 to 4 years of work experience working on a team in another capacity – ideally in either the political or technology space
- Clear writing and communication skills, especially with different types of people
- Ability to multitask across several workstreams at once and in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented; creative and focused on problem-solving
- Project planning expertise
- Fluent in social media best practices
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and the Google Suite
Salary based on experience. Location preference for Chicago but open to remote work for the right candidate.